It is not surprising to see Messi on the top of the list after his record breaking run in 2012 made him the highest scorer ever in a calender year beating German legend Gerd Muller‘s record. However, it is the player who is at the second position which makes the headlines, it is not Cristiano Ronaldo, the Portuguese International has been edged by Atletico Madrid forward Radamel Falcao who is at the second spot.
These are the final list of men finishing on top of La Liga’s scoring charts:
MESSI – 26
- Scored against Valladolid to end the year with 91 goals in all competitions for club and country.
- It was the first time this season that he has only scored a single goal in a Liga game that he scores in. On every occasion that he has scored so far, he has struck twice or more.
FALCAO – 17
- 2012 has been an amazing year for El Tigre, on an individual and team level. And he rounds it off second in both the scoring charts and the league table with Atletico Madrid.
CRISTIANO Ronaldo – 14
- Though Madrid are in a world of trouble, the sensational number seven has maintained his form all year and can rest easy this Christmas knowing he has given all he has to give every time he has played.
ADURIZ – 10
- Has stepped up to the mark in the absence of Llorente in the Athletic team and is up there with the best of them in the goalscoring chart.
SOLDADO – 9
- Scored the opening goal in the first minute of play in Valencia’s 4-2 win over Getafe. An important win for Los Che who have struggled at home of late.
RUBEN CASTRO – 9
- Betis finish the year 5th in the table, just 3 points shy of a Champions League spot – Ruben Castro’s goals have played a big part in this.
NEGREDO – 8
- The big man is on course to finish the season with 20 if he keeps his goalscoring form up. His Sevilla side will have to pick things up though and start the new year afresh.
POSTIGA – 8
- Scored the second goal in Zaragoza’s 2-0 away win over Athletic Bilbao and is one of the reasons Los Blanquillos are proving to be a dangerous visiting side.
- His early form means that despite finishing the year sidelined with injury, he remains in the top half of the table. Hopefully, he’ll start 2013 fully fit and firing on all cylinders!
CARLOS VELA – 7
- Has been quite the signing for Real Sociedad
Scored in his side’s win over Sevilla at the weekend to finish the year in the top ten to hit the target!