A young English talent was playing his heart out for Everton football club along with Phil Jagielka at the back. Everton’s Jon Stones is a rising centre-back amidst big names in the premier league but he doesn’t shy away from proving his authority on the pitch. Chelsea’s interest in the player was clearly known but somewhere, the deal with the London club seems to be unlikely to happen and Chelsea’ other rivals have emerged as favourites to sign him and it’s none other than Manchester United.
United utilized Daley Blind for over 50 games along with Chris Smalling this season, but Blind has been just a utility player, he ain’t a center back. United have involved themselves in the market and with the fans’ demand rising to find a really good centreback to pair up with Smalling, I can only think of John Stones and as to why it’s a good deal for the player and the club.
* Stones will replace Daley Blind at the back. A bright young English centre back pairing up with another rock solid Englishman at the back. Will be a really good pairing.
* Stones has higher chances of winning silverware with Manchester United than with Everton. With proper signings this window, United will be looking to challenge for the top 4 and under Jose Mourinho, trophies do seem very likely.
*He can form a vital partnership with Smalling and ease his chances of being a regular starter.
* Manchester United are looking for a worthy centre back. With Marcos Rojo out of form and Phil jones being continuously on the sidelines, the signing of Stones would bring a new energy in the defensive sector.
* Stones will work under Jose Mourinho and will work amidst big names such as Wayne Rooney, Michael Carrick and Bastian Schweinsteiger. This is really good for his development as the player since he’s still young.
* With Everton being below par this season, Stones will find himself playing in Europe if he goes to United. This too adds to his experience and development as a player and it gives him a taste of the remarkable nights that are in store for him at Manchester.
Statistically speaking this season, Stones has made 23 appearances for Everton with an average passing accuracy of 89%. That’s a whopping achievement. Apart from this, Stones has won 63% of the average duels and has made 6 vital interventions to save his side. Stones has a bright future ahead and shows great promise as well as talent and United should really try their best to get the player. He’s possibly one of the best available centre-backs in this market right now.