The much awaited draw will give lots to cheer or moan for the Champions League lovers before Christmas.
What : UEFA Champions League Draw
When : 20th December 2012
Time : 10:30 AM GMT
Number of teams : 16
The tournament is currently in the 2 month break period but this draw will make the fans and the clubs excited again.Let us see all the possibilities for each team of who their potential opponents could be.
Every group winner would want to avoid Real Madrid and Barcelona are the obvious team to avoid for the runners up.
Firstly there two pots are divided based on Group Winners and Runners
Paris St Germain
Likely Opponents for Each Team :
The Winners :
- Paris St Germain : Arsenal, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Valencia, Celtic, Galatasaray.
That last match day win made them the group winners and put them in a very comfortable position. They will be favorites to go through against any opponent except Real Madrid. Arsenal,AC Milan and Shakhtar will be tricky opponents too.
- Schalke : Porto, AC Milan, Shakhtar Donetsk, Galatasary, Valencia, Celtic, Real Madrid
They are in a similar position as PSG. They will also pray to avoid Real Madrid.
- Malaga : Arsenal, Shakhtar Donetsk, Celtic, Galatasaray,Porto
It will not be all that hectic for Malaga. Since their two fellow country clubs cannot face them, the only team they will be looking to avoid will be Shakhtar. Arsenal Malaga could be another juicy fixture providing a home coming for Santi Cazorl.
- Borussia Dortmund : Porto, Arsenal, AC Milan, Shakhtar Donetsk, Valencia, Celtic,Galatasaray
Dark Horses to win the Champions League, Dortmund will be on top of the world after winning the group of Death ahead of Madrid and Man City. They will be favorites against any team from the Runners Up pot.
- Juventus : Porto, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Valencia, Celtic, Galatasaray
As usual, Real Madrid the only tough opposition, however they tend to struggle away. So Celtic and Valencia are also tricky opponents.
- Bayern Munich : Porto, Arsenal, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Celtic,Galatasaray
Favorites no matter who they face.
- Barcelona : Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Arsenal, Galatasaray, AC Milan
Similar to Bayern, favorites no matter who the opposition is.
- Manchester United : Porto, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Valencia, Celtic
If at all it happens, United-Madrid will definitely be the tie of the round no matter what the fixtures are. United-Celtic will bring back the Anglo-Scottish rivalry and will be another mouth watering fixture.
Runners Up :
- Porto : Schalke, Málaga, Dortmund, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Manchester United
Will be under dogs against any team but for probably Schalke.
- Arsenal : PSG, Málaga, Dortmund, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Barcelona
Only a draw against Malaga will be a satisfactory one for Arsenal. It looks tough against any other team.
- AC Milan : PSG, Schalke, Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Manchester United
All the 6 teams look capable of beating them on current form but they play different in Europe so will be a hard team for their opponents.
- Valencia : PSG, Schalke, Dortmund, Juventus, Manchester United
Should pray to draw Schalke to stand some chance.
- Shakhtar Donetsk : PSG, Schalke, Málaga, Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Manchester United
A team which showed the world that they’re no push overs. Will prove to be very hard to crack especially in their own back yard in Ukraine when the temperature is mostly below 0 degrees. Another Dark Horse for the tournament.
- Galatasaray : PSG, Schalke, Málaga, Dortmund, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Barcelona
Probably the weakest team in the Champions League. Will be hard to go through.
- Celtic : PSG, Schalke, Málaga, Dortmund, Juventus, Bayern Munich, Manchester United
They need more miracles like that game against Barca if they’re to stand any chance.