The London side Tottenham Hotspur are the only undefeated team in the Premier league this season. Despite lacking the star power compared to the rest of the rest of the “big clubs”, they are a side that has often outclassed its opponents. This includes a recent 2-0 victory over Manchester City. Tottenham’s incredible performances are a testament to Pochettino’s tactical genius.
Holding the second position, they are just one point away from league leaders. Their opponents for this weekend, West Brom, occupies the seventh position in the league. Even though the last time these sides faced each other ended in a draw. This hardly seems like the outcome this time.
Key Players for Tottenham
Victor Wanyama –
Wanyama is a brave, hardworking and uncompromising lad. He’s strong enough to dominate the midfield and he also offers a constant protection to his back four. He is averaging 4 defensive actions and has also won 40% of the duels he has been a part of. Wanayama also starts the attacks from the base of the midfield and feeds the ball to more creative players. Having created 4 chances and scored 1 goal, his impact hasn’t gone unnoticed.
Christian Eriksen –
To say that Spurs’ offence flows through Eriksen won’t be wrong. His creativity and flair is responsible for much of the chances created. This is supported by the 14 chances he has created this season. He’s also a significant presence on the other side of the field. He has made his presence felt by disrupting attacks and forcing in a loss of possession. His best performance of the season was displayed against City and he would be looking to extend his run against West Brom as well.
Delle Alli –
Delli Alli has been quite a revelation ever since he walked into the Tottenham’s squad last season. The twenty-year-old midfielder always looks scary with the ball at his feet and he has already scored two goals this season. Alli has also used his incisive passing and movement to create 13 chances. He has contributed on defense as well and is gritty when it comes to getting the ball back and has won 43% of his duels.
Players to Look Out For
Nacer Chadli –
The 27-year-old Belgian has made an impressive start to the season at West Brom. Scoring 3 goals and creating 7 chances in 4 appearances and his name is on every fan’s lips. Chadli will add that much-needed motivation to perform well against Spurs. This stems from his desire to prove the decision of Tottenham to let him go wrong.
Stats: (Taken From FourFourTwo)
- West Brom have registered just one win in their last 13 Premier League meetings with Tottenham drawing seven and losing five.
- At the Hawthorns, the Baggies are without a league win in their last six top-flight games against Spurs, drawing three and losing three.
- 45% of the Premier League clashes between these two sides have ended level (9/20); only Everton v Leicester (13/20, 65%) has seen a higher proportion of draws (min 20 games).
- Danish schemer Christian Eriksen has scored on two of his three visits to the Hawthorns in the league, although he failed to find the back of the net last time out.
- This season, Eriksen has mustered 18 shots in the Premier League without scoring a single goal, more than any other player yet to find the back of the net.
- Son Heung-Min has been involved in eight goals in his last seven PL games (six goals, two assists).
- Only in their title-winning 1960/61 campaign (21 pts, assuming 3 points for a win) did Spurs make a better start to a top-flight league season than in this campaign (17 pts from opening seven games).
- Nacer Chadli has been involved in five of West Brom’s last six Premier League goals (three goals, two assists).
- Indeed, Chadli has scored three goals in four Premier League games for the Baggies, as many as in his previous 30 with Tottenham in the competition.
- West Brom have posted the lowest passing accuracy rate in the top-flight this season (68%), as well as attempting the fewest passes (2055).
Lloris| Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose| Wanyama, Dier| Eriksen, Alli, Lamela| Son.
Tottenham has been in impressive form so far and will be looking forward to replicate the same this weekend as well. A 3-0 win for the Lilly-Whites is what we predict.