Yohan Cabaye refuses to play for Newcastle after Arsenal bid
While its still a myth that why Arsenal are desperate to sign Yohan Cabaye, the midfielder has refused to play for Newcastle during their 0-0 draw at St. James park earlier today and reacting to which manger Alan Pardew have called out it for a quick end to the transfer situation.
Arsenal allegedly made a bid for the midfielder last week prior to Newcastle’s opening Premier League fixture against Manchester City for £10million and Cabaye was subsequently left out of the squad but this time around Pardew wants an improved bid from the Gunners. BBC are reporting that Cabaye has refused to play. And following the match Pardew said:
“It is quite simple – we need to resolve the situation, we need to get ourselves in a position where if he stays, great, and if he doesn’t stay we need to get someone equally as good.”
“There should be business from us, business that is right for Newcastle where our fans get in a position where they really want to believe in the team,” Pardew said. “It’s difficult at the moment. We have big clubs filling our players with disharmony.
“If it is a situation where he leaves the football club, we have got to be stronger. That’s my aim when the window shuts.”
Rumours on Mata:
The new rumoured Chelsea sensation Willian has become quite a familiar name with the football fans all around the world. The midfielder is yet to sign for the Blues formally, but has taken a lot of spaces in the news since the fiasco regarding his transfer.
But another million dollar question that is storming in and around Stamford Bridge is that where will Willian fit into the Blues midfield which comprises of a galaxy of superstars? The list starts with the veteran Frank Lampard. Then follows Oscar, Juan Mata, Eden Hazard, Victor Moses, Andre Schurrle, Kevin de Bruyne, Marco van Ginkel, and now Willian. Adding to this is Ramires, who can also turn out to be an attacking player along with his natural defensive mode.
The ‘Special One’ Mourinho denies any chance of selling off a player to accommodate Willian. He says:
“The point is not to sell. The point is I want a 22-player squad. So if somebody comes do we need to sell? No, we don’t. Do we need to loan out, probably yes because I don’t like to work with big squads. I like to work with a small group and 22 is a perfect number.”
But it’s the Spaniard Juan Mata who has been linked with a move away from West London club.
Mourinho said: “There is no speculation about Juan. He’s a player we all like, he’s a player we all want to keep.
“We want more quality in the team, we don’t want less quality. We want to add quality to the quality we have. So Juan is not a player we want to lose.
“Every one of us managers, we say we are happy but we are always unhappy. We always want something more, something of more quality. We never close the door to the possibility of adding more quality.”
Real Madrid looked closely at Mata at the start of the window, but as they close in on Gareth Bale, they are unlikely to be looking for another midfielder.
And finally, Spanish website AS have reported that Bale has traveled to Spain
The above picture was reportedly taken at a private airport in Marbella, where the winger is said to have landed before flying out to Madrid. It is reported that the Welsh International will be unveiled at the Santiago Bernabeu before Wednesday breaking Cristiano Ronaldo’s transfer fee with a whopping £86m.