Under the floodlights of Anfield, only one team will be gunning for revenge when two of the giants of English Football face each other again in the English Premier League this time rather than the Capital One Cup. Yes, I’m talking about Liverpool who’ll host Manchester City at Anfield and this is the second time in a week that these two teams are facing with the previous game ending in the favour of the latter who won on penalties in a dramatic turn of events. Liverpool’s most recent victory was lopsided as Jurgen Klopp’s men produced six different goal scorers to trample Villa at Villa Park. However our focus today will be only on Jurgen Klopp’s men, how will they react again after a painful defeat and how they’ll line up against Manchester City once again.
* Liverpool’s Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva has sustained a muscle injury in the process of taking the penalty from 12 yards and Jurgen Klopp has made it clear that the injury sustained looks bad and Lucas won’t be playing.
* Slovakian Centre-Back Martin Skrtel has not yet regained fitness to start in the premier league and he will be missing out as well. Same is the case with Dejan Lovren and he’s expected to miss out too.
Predicted playing eleven of Liverpool football club
Goalkeeper: Simon Mignolet
No matter in what form Simon Mignolet has been in, Jurgen Klopp has trusted his Belgian goalkeeper time and again and the trust will last with Simon tipped to be one of the first few names on the team sheet and once again he’ll look to deliver with the trust bestowed upon him.
*Nathaniel Clyne will start as the RB for Liverpool with Jon Flanagan still out of the equation.
* Kolo Toure and Mamadou Sakho will start as Centre Backs although Klopp has made it clear that Sakho will be considered until the last minute and in case of emergency Liverpool have Caulker as backup.
*Alberto Moreno will play as the left back with Liverpool’s other backups yet to regain full fitness.
Midfield and wingers:
* Emre Can and Jordan Henderson will play as the double pivots in the midfield with Can being involved in many of the attacking play.
* Roberto Firmino, Philippe Coutinho and James Milner will play as the front three behind the lone striker with all of them switching sides as per the play demands and they will be continuously pressing to trouble Manchester City.
A last minute decision will be made on the fitness level of Daniel Sturridge and if he’s fit, the English striker will face his former club once again, for the second time that is this week.
Predicted eleven: Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Milner, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge.