Predicted Manchester United XI vs Midtjylland
The pressure on Louis Van Gaal may have eased after he saw his side put up an improved performance against Shrewsbury in the FA Cup and win comfortably with three goals to zero but again the pressure and intensity will reach it’s peak when Manchester United host the Danish side Midtjylland Football Club at Old Trafford, looking to overturn a 2-1 deficit. Manchester United will be cautious about their fitness issues with a crucial English Premier league match against Arsenal looming large and they must win against Midtjylland to have any hopes of winning the Europa League and qualifying for the Champions League. With all these things in mind, Let us look at the team news and the predicted line up of Manchester United ahead of the game against Midtjylland.
Following Louis Van Gaal’s press conference, he’s given an insight on the injury details of the players.
* Marcos Rojo will be on the bench and he shall be played for 20 minutes maximum if needed.
* Antonia Valencia is nearing fitness, but he’ll miss the Midtjylland game.
* David De Gea did suffer a minor knock but it will be Sergio Romero again who will feature between the poles.
* Chris Smalling and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson trained with the first team today although the media reported it wrongly.
*Marcus Rashford and Adnan Januzaj have been called upon to provide depth if needed since and both of them are available for selection.
* Darmian is missing the game 90% and Donald Love will make a start although Van Gaal will wait until the last stages to see whether Smalling, Borthwick-Jackson and Darmian can be picked or not.
Predicted Line-up of Manchester United that may take on Midtjylland :-
FORMATION : 4-2-3-1
* Sergio Romero will start in place of David De Gea. Romero pulled of stunning saves in the first leg to keep his side alive in the game and he’ll look to come in handy again in desperate situations.
*Manchester United will be without Matteo Darmian for the tie so Donald Love and Varela will be available for selection although the former is more assured of making a start since he is properly rested after not taking part in the action because he was cup-tied midweek.
* Chris Smalling and Daley Blind will form the crucial partnership at the back once again but since the fitness issues of Smalling are not very clear, Patrick McNair will be kept on alert should Smalling fail the fitness test.
* Left Back position will once again see Cameron Borthwick-Jackson starting and it is expected that Marcos Rojo will make an appearance in the final stages of the match if needed.
* Morgan Schneiderlin and Michael Carrick will start as pivots in the midfield area looking to provide through balls from the midfield as well as try to ensure the defensive cover should Midtjylland try to counter with pace.
*Jesse Lingard looked superb against Shrewsbury, making clever runs and getting into really good positions to receive the ball and he netted the ball once as well. He’ll once again play as the Right Winger.
*Memphis Depay will play as the left winger after he too showed an improved performance in the FA Cup tie.
CAM and Striker:-
* Juan Mata was really impressive on Monday with his sublime touches and really good passes. He single handedly ensured that the flow of play was not disrupted and once again he’ll be keen to play passionately and provide for him team
* Wayne Rooney is not expected to play for weeks now and there is no doubt that Anthony Martial will again get the nod to breach the Midtjylland defence and more importantly, score some crucial goal(s).
GK: Sergio Romero
LB: Cameron Borthwick Jackso
CBs: Daley Blind and Chris Smalling
RB: Donald Love
RCM : Morgan Schneiderlin
LCM : Michael Carrick
CAM : Juan Mata
RW: Jesse Lingard
LW: Memphis Depay
ST: Anthony Martial