Oct 6, 2013 at 1.30pm (UK)
Here is a look at Chelsea’s predicted line-up to play against Norwich tomorrow.
Moving on with the preview, Chelsea and Jose Mourinho will look to kick start their away form with a win over Norwich. The Blues are yet to pick up three points away from Stamford Bridge in the league and Carrow road might prove to be a good place to start. With three wins in the first six games, the Blues have had a mixed start to the season as newly appointed Mourinho and the fresh set of legs that have been roped in are trying to settle down.
Jose Mourinho’s side come into the match on the back of a 4-0 success over Steaua Bucuresti in the Champions League on Tuesday, and will look to continue their momentum. Chelsea are currently in 6th place, but a win over Norwich can push them as far as 3rd in the league.
Norwich on the other hand, despite being the home side, will have to sit back and hit the visitors on counter attacks. The Canaries picked up their first home win of the season last weekend, but they will know that it will be difficult this time around. A point out of this tough game would give Chris Hughton’s men a much needed boost ahead of the International break.
Jose Mourinho has a couple of injury woes ahead of Norwich’ clash. He will be without Fernando Torres, who is suspended for his sending off at White Hart Lane last weekend (however the striker has a slight knee injury which would have kept him out the game anyway)
Eden Hazard might be in for a late fitness test following his ankle injury, but it is alleged that the Belgian will be in contention for the bench if not to start the game. Marco van Ginkel remain in sidelines.
Talking to the press ahead of the game, Jose Mourinho talking about Chelsea’s away form said:
“We have a lot to improve, we have a lot to work. We will have moments of ups and downs, because teams of this profile, with young people, with some people that are not mature, the normal tendency is that performances are not always very stable.
“We will have our ups and downs for sure. I’m ready for that.”
For Norwich, the trio of Sebastian Bassong, Javier Garrido and Nathan Redmond are tagged as doubtful as they continue to recover from injury. Striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel who missed a couple of training sessions with a toe problem should be fit to play.
Possible starting lineups
Norwich: Ruddy; Martin, Turner, R Bennett, Olsson; Tettey, Fer, Howson; Snodgrass, Pilkington, Van Wolfswinkel
Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Ramires, Lampard, Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle; Eto’o
- Norwich have conceded only 23 goals in 22 home league games under Chris Hughton, keeping nine clean sheets in this run.
- Chelsea have won five and drawn one of their last six Premier League matches against Norwich City.
- The Canaries have scored just two goals in their last five Premier League matches, but both of these have secured 1-0 victories.
- Chelsea have picked up just two points (D2 L1) and scored just one goal in their three Premier League away games so far in 2013-14.
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard is the most fouled player in the 2013-14 Premier League so far (21).
- Chelsea have intercepted just 45 opposition passes this season in the Premier League; a league-low figure.
- Norwich have only failed to score in successive Premier League home games on two previous occasions – December 1992 and September 1993.
- Chelsea are the only side yet to concede a goal in the second half of a Premier League game this season.