After a fractional win against Norwich City last time out, Arsenal will be traveling to Manchester to face the Citizens in what can be called as a crucial game for the Champions League spot.
Danny Welbeck secured the point for the Gunners with his only goal in the game, and gave Arsene Wenger a huge sigh of relief. Furthermore, Manchester City had to face a humiliating loss at St Mary’s last time out. Sadio Mane’s heroic performances gave City’s defence a run for their money, and were unable to keep a firm hold on him.
Arsenal are currently 3rd on the table; 3 points ahead of Manchester City, and 3 points behind Tottenham Hotspur. On the other hand, Manchester City are 4th on the Premier League table with 5 points clear to their city rivals, but the United’s section do have a spare game in hand.
Looking at the Club’s recent form, City have won 4 of their last 6 games and have lost once. While, Arsenal have won 3 of their last 6 games and have drawn thrice. It will be a must win game for both the sides for sure.
Manchester City vs Arsenal Team News-
Manchester City, have a major injury issue as their skipper will be missing the game due to his Groin injury he suffered against Real Madrid. He will be joining David Silva, Zabaleta and Kolarov on the sidelines.
Arsenal, on the other hand, do not have much to worry about, but they will be missing their towering defender Per Mertesacker who is suffering from a hamstring injury and their versatile playmaker Oxlade-Chamberlain who is still recovering from his knee injury.
Sagna; Otamendi; Mangala; Clichy
Sterling; De Bruyne; Nasri
Bellerin; Gabriel; Koscielny; Monreal
Ozil; Iwobi; Sanchez
- Manchester City have lost 23 Premier League games against Arsenal, more than against any other side.
- The Gunners are unbeaten in their last four Premier League matches against City, winning the last two (W2 D2).
- City’s win percentage against Arsenal in the Premier League is 16%, their lowest against any opponent in the history of the competition.
- Theo Walcott has scored three goals in his last two Premier League appearances against Manchester City.
- Manchester City’s next defeat in the Premier League will be their 250th, becoming the ninth team to reach this milestone.
- Kelechi Iheanacho’s 86.9 minutes per goal rate is the best in Premier League history for any player to score three or more goals.
Stats via BBC.
Manchester City vs Arsenal Tactics-
Usually, Pellegrini uses 4-2-3-1 formation with Aguero leading the lines for the Citizens who is backed by the Belgian Kevin De Bruyne. City relies on their counter attacking football and have scored most of their goals from the same.
City have pretty good options in the flanks this time. The Ex- Arsenal star Samir Nasri might return to face his previous club and will be trying to exploit Hector Bellerin who hasn’t convinced the crowd in his defensive abilities.
While Nasri will be looking for crosses, Sterling might go in the depth of Arsenal’s defence to find a gap to shoot.
Arsenal, on the other hand, might be playing their possession game and will be looking to find a gap between Mangala and Otamendi who have had an average season so far.
Manchester City vs Arsenal Prediction-
Well, even if City have a home advantage, they cannot assure a win against the Gunners. Both the sides will be looking to qualify for the Champions League, and both will fight for their lives. A Tough one to predict, but I guess it would be an entertaining draw.