Liverpool’s Anfield Evacuated after Man Went Missing During his Stadium Tour

It seems that Anfield was recently evacuated for some security concerns, when a man allegedly went missing on a tour of the ground. Just before the Capital One Cup clash against AFC Bournemouth, police confirmed that Liverpool Football Club had cleared the stadium at 15:00 GMT as a “precautionary measure” and a search of the entire ground was done, till the officers were completely satisfied.

Anfield
Anfield

It was later confirmed by the Premier League outfit that the matter had been “resolved” and the incident did not have an impact on Wednesday night’s Capital One Cup clash against Bournemouth, which the home side won 1-0. The Merseyside Police said, “Officers and the club are satisfied that there are no people unaccounted for inside the ground.”

The club’s spokesman said, “Our priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone at the ground.”

Later, the Reds issued an official statement which confirmed, “The stadium was temporarily closed as a precautionary measure on Tuesday due to an incident, which has since been resolved. Therefore, the fixture with Bournemouth will be contested as scheduled, with Anfield unaffected by the incident that led to the temporary closure.”

Written by Nitish Bhan

Mwmphis Depay

Manchester United Star Bashed For His Off-Field Antics

Jose Mourinho

Huge Names Lined Up to Replace Jose Mourinho as Chelsea Manager