After qualifying for the UEFA Europa League Final, Jurgen Klopp’s men will be preparing to welcome Watford to Anfield this Sunday.
Looking at the club’s recent results, Liverpool have the upper hand as the side have won 3 of their last 6 games and have drawn 2. On the other hand, Watford have just two of their last 6 games and have lost thrice.
Liverpool vs Watford Team News-
For Liverpool, their skipper Jordan Henderson will miss out due to his knee injury. He will be joining Origi (ankle, Jun), Ings (knee, Aug), Gomez (knee, Aug) on the sidelines.
For Watford, Behrami (rib, Jun), Capoue (knee, Aug), Gilmartin (knee, Aug) will be out of the action due to their respective injuries.
Clyne; Skrtel; Lovren; Smith
Ibe; Lucas; Allen; Lallana; Ojo
Nyom; Cathcart; Britos; Ake
Abdi; Suarez; Watson; Jurado
- Watford’s 3-0 win versus Liverpool was their biggest ever victory over the Merseyside team.
- Liverpool have lost just one of their last 11 Premier League matches at Anfield (W5 D5 L1).
- The Hornets have scored just four goals in their last eight matches away from home.
- The Reds have not lost both games to a promoted team in the same season since 2010/11, when Blackpool beat them home and away 2-1.
- Watford’s only win in any competition at Anfield came in August 1999.
- By scoring last weekend, Troy Deeney became only the second Watford player to score 10+ Premier League goals (11), after Odion Ighalo managed it earlier this campaign (14).
- Daniel Sturridge has scored in six of his last eight Premier League appearances for Liverpool (six goals in total).
- The Hornets have scored just 12 Premier League goals in 2016, a joint-league-low with Aston Villa.
Stats via Skysports
Liverpool vs Watford Tactics-
Liverpool will be looking to get a win after their recent premier league defeat, and this game will be their best chance to do so.
Klopp will surely rest his senior players and the young guns will be getting their start yet again. Ojo and Ibe will be deployed on the wings and as usual, they will be looking to exploit the spaces in Watford’s defence. Both the youngsters are capable of making great attacking runs and can beat the defenders through their pace.
Lallana, on the other hand, might work as an attacking midfielder with Benteke or Sturridge up front. He will surely look for a room to take the shot as he is never afraid to do so. Benteke is a tough striker, tough he has not managed to live up to the expectations, he still has the firepower that could well beat Watford’s defence.
The defensive duo of Jugern Klopp will have a tough time as they will be facing one of the most dangerous attacking duo of England, Ighalo and Deeney.
Liverpool vs Watford Prediction-
Youngsters will have to be on their best to score the goal against Watford, but I do believe that Klopp will find a way to get a match winner from his young guns.