Believe! Believe! was the the chant that echoed around Anfield yesterday when Liverpool trashed and toyed Norwich city in a game which ended 5-0 in the favor of Kop. Confidence is sky high at the moment in Liverpool camp. Suarez and Sturridge combo looks threatening. But are they really improving?
Here are the five reasons why Liverpool are really improving,
- What else? Suarez and Sturridge partnership: They are playing as if they were doing this for ages. One-twos, fake shots, dummies and positioning, they both can do all these. At last it looks like Suarez will be relived from some goal scoring burden that he was carrying on his young shoulder for past few months. Regarding Sturridge, he is a great addition to the Liverpool squad. He never got any real chance at Chelsea. He is getting it here and more importantly he is proving it here.
- Rotation Policy: Brendon Rodgers should take credit for this. He is using rotation policy to the great effect to keep everyone happy and fit. From Carragher to Agger in defense, from Henderson to Allen in midfield, and from Sterling to Sturridge, everyone is getting enough playing time to prove their worth to the club.
- Jordan Henderson Factor: He was already termed as 20 million flop. Was he a flop? Liverpool never used him in a right way. In most of the games, he was deployed at side where he is not comfortable operating from. Brendon Rodgers deployed him in a free role in yesterday’s game against Norwich City, and Henderson re payed his manager’s faith with a man of the match performance and also came through with a beautifully taken goal. Henderson still has a long way to go to get the critics off his back but, at 22, he has plenty of time to do it.
- Shift Passing Gameplay: Rodgers is finally making the team play the way he wants, the way that made him famous at Swansea. Liverpool’s gameplay was a treat to watch yesterday. They are passing now with intent and the movement of the players is improving. “Pass and move” tactics is working wonders for them. Get ready for some Merseyside tika taka in future.
- And finally Stewart Downing continues to contribute – After a year-and-a-half of poor showings, Stewart Downing’s finally found a place at Liverpool. He is stating to believe in himself and got a well deserved assist yesterday.
The victory temporarily moved Liverpool into sixth place in the league table. If they continue improving, they’ll end Rodgers’ first season ahead of where we’d thought they’d be.