Everton FC Vs Chelsea FC
Chelsea new signings– Samuel Eto’o,Andre Schurrle,Willian,Marco Van Ginkel, Mark Schwarzer.
Everton new signings– James Mccarthy,Gareth Barry,Lukaku.
So it is Everton hosting Chelsea on 14th of September.This is going to be an interesting fixture as Everton without a win in the league so far will be desperate to get a win, whereas the blues will be trying to come back with a win after a goal less draw against Manchester United.
It will be interesting to see how Everton will perform with the absence of Fellaini who has joined Manchester United on the deadline day, and also if Roberto Martinez will give a nod to Gareth Barry to debut in Goodison Park on Saturday. Romelu Lukaku cannot feature in this match as he is loaned from Chelsea and from Chelsea’s point of view, Juan Mata should finally get a start after Jose Mourinho left him out in the past few games. There are also other areas where Mourinho’s decision will be debated as he decides between Fernando Torres and new recruit Samuel Eto’o to lead the attacking line-up in this intriguing fixture.
Although Romelu Lukaku will not feature in the game tomorrow, other new recruits McCarthy and Barry are alleged to start the game. McCarthy suffered a slight knock while on International duty with Ireland, as did right-back Seamus Coleman, but both are in contention to play. Long term absentees Darron Gibson, who is down with a knee problem and defender Antolin Alcaraz with a hernia infection are not yet ready to return but both are back in training and close to fitness.
For Chelsea, other than Samuel Eto’o and Christian Atsu’s debut, there are no real talking points. Mourinho is blessed with an injury free International week and will have all of his first team players to select from.
Probable Chelsea Line Up: (4-3-2-1)
Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Lampard; De Bruyne, Mata, Hazard; Torres.
Everton Probable Line Up: (4-2-3-1)
Howard, Baines, Distin, Jagielka, Coleman, McCarthy, Barry, Pienaar, Mirallas, Barkley, Jelavic.
- Chelsea striker Fernando Torres’s only goal in the Barclays Premier League in this calendar year was against Everton on the last day of the previous season, which helped them confirm the third spot.
- Roberto Martinez as a manager is yet to win a Barclays premier league game not only for Everton, but after having no wins in his past 11 games.
- The Toffees have averaged the highest possession figure in the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season so far (64.1%).
- Chelsea have won just two of their last 10 Barclays Premier League trips to Merseyside (W2 D2 L6).
- Should Everton fail to win this match, it’ll be only the fourth time in the last 43 seasons that the Toffees have not won any of their first four league games of a season.
- The Toffees have averaged 519 passes per game so far under Roberto Martinez in the Premier League – up from 416 per game last season under David Moyes.
- Only West Ham (6) and Everton (5) have allowed fewer opposition shots on target than Chelsea (8) so far this season.
- Roberto Martinez has won just one of his last 11 games as a manager in the Barclays Premier League (W1 D6 L4).
- All 10 of the scoring opportunities Eden Hazard has created for his team-mates this season have come from open play.
Player to watch, Chelsea
Juan Mata: The player of the season for two consecutive years is yet to make his mark for the Blues this season and if given the chance he will be hungry to show what he is exactly made of to Jose Mourinho.
Player to watch,Everton
Leighton Baines: He is now clearly the best player in the Everton line up and will work his socks off to win this match for Everton.
Prediction: Everton 1 – 2 Chelsea
The blues should win this fixture as Chelsea have just conceded one goal this season so far, with strong defense and midfield they should clinch a win easily.
Blast From The Past: