Big spending Chinese club Guizhou Renhe club have reportedly offered Chelsea a staggering £20 million for their star midfielder Frank Lampard. Rumours speculate that the Blues hero is set to leave Stamford bridge at the end of this season as club owner Roman has rejected to offer an extended contract for players aged above 30 and apparently Lampard has rejected the offer from Guizhou according to the Daily Mail.
Free agent at the end of this season, Lampard remains loyal to the Blues and shows interest in extending his stay at the Bridge. His brilliance will surely be missed by Chelsea if Lampard do exit and the match against Stoke was just a small example of his pure class. Playing at Britannia stadium Lampard showed amazing vision and flare throughout the 90 minutes to help Blues secure a comfortable 4-0 win.
The Chinese clubs has also stated that Lampard will be offered a captain role if he decides to join them, however he looks firm in his decision not to travel to the far east. You must have to admit that Lampard is one of the few players who is respected by the neutral fans as well.
Javier Hernandez wanted as Falcao replacement ?
Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez has been on red hot form this season scoring important goals for the red devils. It is now reported that Spanish side Atletico Madrid wants Hernandez as they fear Chelsea and City target Falcao will be knocking the exit doors soon.
Former Atletico and Liverpool player Fernando Torres was the name touted to be his replacement. However the form United’s hit man is in, has attracted interests from various clubs across Europe. Hernandez has scored 8 goals in the 13 league appearances he has made and also has 2 assists to his name. Torres has stats no where near to the United man and Hernandez will be the obvious choice of Atletico.
With Falcao and Adrian Lopez constantly linked with big names, the Spanish side are ready to pay up to £15 million to land the Mexican in the summer and make him the focal point of a new-look strike force.
Today’s top news round-up
• Chelsea forward Lucas Piazon has been loaned to Malaga until the end of the season.
• Shakhtar Donetsk will consider selling Willian to Chelsea or Tottenham this month but they will demand about £20million for the Brazilian playmaker.
• Joey Barton has apologised after becoming embroiled in yet another Twitter row – this time with his former team-mate Didi Hamman over QPR’s potential signing of Loic Remy.
• Marseille striker Loic Remy has still not decided whether to join Newcastle or QPR, according to OM’s sporting director Jose Anigo.
• World Cup winner Jurgen Klinsmann wants England to stage the tournament again in recognition for the Football Association bringing “credibility” to the game.
• Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has claimed Manchester City have tried to lure a number of people to the Etihad Stadium from the Nou Camp.
• Swansea sign Osasuna winger Roland Lamah on an 18-month loan