Arsenal vs Everton Preview
Arsenal look to extend their stay at the top of the league when they face a good Everton side on Sunday. After a defeat in the hands of Manchester United at Old Trafford, the Gunners came back to the winning ways with back to back league victories. Getting three points in the game will be crucial for both the teams. With Roberto Martinez ‘s attacking mindset, one can expect an open game at Emirates.
Team And Injury Updates
For Arsenal, everybody are available for selection expect for Sagna who is out with a hamstring injury. Podolski is back in training but still needs some time before coming back into the team. Diaby and Oxlade Chamberlain are the long-term absentees.
Theo Walcott who came as a sub in recent games may start today.
Roberto Martinez will field the same starting 11 that defeated Manchester United last week. Their star left back Leighton Baines is not available for selection but his back up Brain Oviedo is doing wonders for the Toffees with two goals in two games.
Possible starting lineups
Arsenal: Szczesny; Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs; Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil; Walcott, Giroud
Everton: Howard; Oviedo, Distin, Jagielka, Coleman; McCarthy, Barry, Pienaar, Barkley, Mirallas; Lukaku
- Arsenal have won eight and lost none of their last 12 Barclays Premier League games against Everton.
- Everton have only managed more than one goal in a league game against Arsenal on one occasion in the last 21 meetings.
- The Gunners have won 14 and lost none of the last 17 Premier League home games against the Toffees (D3).
- There have been just four goals scored in the last four Premier League meetings between Everton and Arsenal.
- Howard Webb will officiate Arsenal v Everton on Sunday. The Gunners have won their last eight Premier League games with him as the man in the middle.
Match facts courtesy: Yahoo Sport
Considering that both the teams are in good form now, it will be a though game but Gunners’ creative power in the midfield will be the key factor that will determine the winner of this game.
Arsenal 2 Everton 1